Equipment Storage at the End of the Season
Thank you for volunteering to be the Equipment Manager for Rec. Soccer for the Fall Season. You will be leading the effort to pack and distribute equipment based before the season starts, dealing with replacing broken equipment during the season and then collecting all equipment back at the end of the season. As a leader you will be in charge of these efforts and will need to teach the volunteers what to do, pick times to do it and make sure it is probably done. We asked for 2 people for this role so that you could share the work.
When you arrive you want to take some of the large cones we have and block off the driveway to the house so that people don't try park by the house you are going to need the space to work. People should be directed to park in the municipal lot and walk across the road.
Click here for Equipment Distribution at the Beginning of the Season Instructions
- Please meet at 1 pm at the soccer house located at 36 Everett Dr, West Windsor Township, NJ 08550 (off of Clarksville Road West Windsor). It is the house all by itself in the field between the West Windsor Municipal Complex and the Fire Station on the same side of Clarksville Road as the fire station and across Everett Drive from the West Windsor Municipal Complex.
- Please park in the Municipal Park lot and walk across the road so we have enough space to work around the house.
- The Equipment Manager will meet you there and help you get set up and answer any questions.
- Sign in when you arrive. Please make sure you sign the volunteer sign in sheet next to the name of the person from your family that is listed on the sheet to ensure you family gets their volunteer bond credit. No signature means no bond credit.
- Please bring work gloves to protect your hands
Equipment storage at the end of the season involves collecting the equipment from coaches, inspecting and storing the items as follows:
Coaches are instructed to leave their equipment bags at designated locations at each field complex as follows:
- Conover by the big green container
- Grover School by the baseball backstop right next to the parking lot
- Plainsboro Community Park by the rest room building between the small parking lot and building
- Zaitz by the bulletin board at the entrance to the back fields
Volunteers bring the equipment bags from each of the fields to the soccer house and then stay and help sort. Some people depending on the number of bags and size of their car might need to make 2 trips given the number of bags coming form those locations.
Some coaches will also drop bags off at the soccer house and place them on the bigger side porch of the house so please check there for bags.
You will unpack the bags and inspect the items.
Any broken items should be thrown away by putting them into black garbage bags. Please take the garbage bags home and put in the trash. Unfortunately there is no trash pick up at the soccer house.
Everything that is in a good serviceable condition and that can be used again else should be packed away as follows:
In the back room (with the ball pens):
Soccer Balls go in the ball pens. Size 3 (red) ball in the one on the far left, Size 4 (blue) balls in the one in the middle, Size 5 (black) balls in the one on the left. For the Dicks and other balls you have to look for the size printed on the ball - it is typically printed by the valve area area on the ball or judge the ball size compared ot other balls.
Cones are stack in piles on the floor
Goalie shirts are sorted by size and packed by size in containers that go on the shelves.
Goalie gloves are matched into pairs, sorted by size and each pair is put into a ziplock bag and then put by size in container on the shelves.
Pumps and needles go into the pump container and are placed on the shelves
Clipboards go into the clipboard container and are placed on the shelves
Whistles and lanyards go into a container and placed on the shelves.
Ice packs go into containers that go on the floor below the shelves.
First aid kits go into containers that go on the floors.
In the front room (where you entered):
Scrimmage vests are sorted by size and color (red = small, blue = medium. yellow = large) are placed in containers by size and go on shelves in the front room
Equipment bags go into containers on the floor in the front room behind the door
Any WWPSA uniform shirts go into a container on the floor on the right side of the room as you enter.
Other misc items (costs, shoes, etc.) also go into a container on the right side of the room. People usually contact us to retrieve these items after the season is over)